A new year means new paint schemes and sponsors for many drivers, and the league's photostream has collected photos of many of the new combinations for both series. Below are links to photos of this year's cars.
IZOD IndyCar Series
3 Helio Castroneves - Team Penske
5 Takuma Sato - KV Racing Technology
6 Ryan Briscoe - Team Penske
7 Danica Patrick - Andretti Autosport
8 E.J. Viso - KV Racing Technology
10 Dario Franchitti - Chip Ganassi Racing
14 Vitor Meira - A.J. Foyt Enterprises
22 Justin Wilson - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
32 James Rossiter - KV Racing Technology
34 Mario Romancini - Conquest Racing
37 Ryan Hunter-Reay - Andretti Autosport
67 Sarah Fisher - Sarah Fisher Racing
78 Simona de Silvestro - HVM Racing
06 Hideki Mutoh - Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing
Firestone Indy Lights Series
5 Carmen Jorda - Andersen Racing
17 Jan Heylen - Team E
18 Rodrigo Barbosa - PDM Racing
27 Martin Plowman - Andretti Autosport
28 Stefan Wilson - Bryan Herta Autosport
36 Richard Kent - Genoa Racing
49 Philip Major - Sam Schmidt Motorsports
- The three Team Penske cars are all carrying variations of the same white, black, and red scheme this year. The only variation will be in the wings and mirrors, which will carry different colors to indicate different drivers. Helio Castroneves will carry red wings, Ryan Briscoe white, and Will Power black.
- Two of the KV Racing Technology cars will carry the same scheme, with orange numbers for Takuma Sato and silver numbers for E.J. Viso the main difference. The black and gold scheme for the third car of James Rossiter reflects the team's partnership with Team Lotus USA; it pays tribute to the old John Player Special cars Lotus campaigned in Formula 1 from 1972 to 1986.
- T-Mobile sponsorship now adorns the rear wing on Dario Franchitti's car.
- The paint scheme on Simona de Silvestro's car reflects that of her Atlantic Championship car last year. Stargate Resistance is an online, multiplayer third-person shooting video game.
- Formula Dream sponsorship will return to Hideki Mutoh's car, although their decal was not on the sidepods for the test.